Sunday, March 3, 2013

YoWC


            While stalking the “December and Beyond” forums on NaNo, I found out about a challenge called “The Year of Continuous Writing.” I looked at the post, found out a little more about it, and decided to join in. After all, I liked writing, and writing continuously, and years, so what did I have to lose?

            The Year of Writing Continuously is an organization where you sign up to write ___ words a day, for a year, starting on March first. Basically, you can write as much as you like, and then send it in at the end of the month. If you don’t write exactly ___ words per day, it’s fine, as long as by March first, you reach your word-count. You can include Camp NaNo and NaNoWriMo, in order to achieve your total word-count, and there are writing prompts and contests to encourage all of the participants. About sixty people are doing it with me, and I’m already enjoying the group support. I would have mentioned this sooner, but due to 100-for-100, school, and working on my WIP, I was busy. To be honest, I also forgot that it was coming up. My goal is 500 words per day, roughly, to achieve a total word-count of at least 182,500 words by the end of next February. Three days in, it’s going really well, and I’m excited for the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.