Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo


It's that time of year again, where thousands of people try to write 50,000 words in a month. Again, I am one of them, with my YA semi-Christian novel, Before I Liked Converse. Cue the confetti! (No, save that for the end of the month.)

(As evidenced by the lightbulb thought-bubble, NaNo participants are just too awesome for words.)

This year, working on my novel hasn't been easy. I'm much busier, with extracurriculars several days a week, and several honors classes. It's the second day, and as of writing this, I'm 2,500 words behind. I'm just going to try to persevere the best that I can.

When I woke up this morning, I went downstairs and just wrote for about 30 minutes, writing 1,000 words in the process. Contemporary isn't easy for me, neither is writing pieces that take place in high-schools, so this has been a piece of cake. Even so, I forgot how freeing and incredibly fulfilling working on a long work of fiction can be. I'll be keeping track of my word-count with the word meter on the side in blue, cleverly titled "Before I Liked Converse." Because, you know, why not be original?

To novelling (or novelizing, as it may be) success!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with NaNo! (Crazy person you are.) I really really love that title...it has an awesome ring to it. Ah, but contemporary hasn't been working for me either. >_< It's so much harder then epic/high action books. (So I reckon, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with NaNo, it's my first year, Day 5 and I'm only at 2638 words.
    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of title so much haha!! Best of luck, and I've followed you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.