Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Script Frenzy

    I found out yesterday that Script Frenzy, bot the youth and the adult versions, would no longer exist. I was rather sad and disappointed. I had used the youth version of Script Frenzy to write my first play ever, mostly because I thought it was cool and I love writing (but also because I got bragging rights and a printable certificate). My play was only thirty-eight and a half pages of writing, but it was fun. I learned a lot more about writing plays, and I did have some good quotes from my script. I also really liked the inspirational pep talks that the YWP (Young Writers' Program) director gave us, especially as I was doing it on my own, without my peers' support. It also made me appreciate plays and play-writes a lot more, just as Camp NaNo has helped me appreciate real, published books and the authors who are able to do so. As a result, I don't look at plays -or novels- the same way again, without imagining all of the back-story and work that is put into them.  I was kind of sad that I only got to do Script Frenzy for one year, because I had wanted to do it again, but I've mostly gotten over it. However, they (at the Office of Letters and Light) doing more to support NaNo, to make "year-round content", so that should be good. I think I will do NaNo this year, and I'm already excited -and nervous-! Let's just say I will binge on chocolate for 30 days straight; it's kinder that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.