Saturday, April 13, 2013

Of Writers and Wordcounts


I love writers. I love how they as a group have so much personality. I love how writers are witty and mostly kind and generally awesome. I love how they write books and that they love books. Seriously, loving books is fantastic. I love their creativity. I love reading their books, their stories. I love how they always seem so real and generally try to help other writers. I love how their characters' personalities show me different perspectives and how to become more open-minded. I love being a part of writing communities, both online and off, where I can pour out my drizzle of thoughts and get praise and constructive criticism. Basically, I love being a writer. And writing.

As for my noveling efforts, The Tinkers is coming along well. Dem is being awesome, as well as imprisoned. It currently stands at 49,000 words. In other words, it is 89 single-spaced pages, or 178 double-spaced pages. I am quickly approaching the climax, and slightly panicking. I've kept extending the rising action, because although I know what the climax will be, I have no ideas, really, for a resolution. I've never had a successful ending for a novel yet. Maybe planning is a good idea. (No, that's too much effort. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.) Now, if only I could get one of those word-count bars....

2 comments:

  1. This is where I get word count bars from: http://svenjaliv.com/resources/wordmeter/

    Basically, they're awesome.

    Ooo! 49K is pretty, pretty cool. Climaxes are my favourite part of writing. Smushing emotion with horrible circumstances (basically, my climaxes are always mean) is the best part of writing. I DO like to know how I'm going to resolve it though. Good luck! (And an extra-good-luck for Dem, because I have a feeling he's going to need it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the climax is my favorite part, too.
      The wordcount bar is really cool. I'll have to check that out. :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.