Monday, July 23, 2012

Prompts, Agents, Etc.


As I have been unable to actually commit to real writing, like continuing a piece for than one day at a time, I have been doing writing prompts. Or at least being open to the ones that writing websites bring to my inbox. After all, who has time to think of their own writing prompts when they could be playing endless games of Mancala and accidentally crashing on their bike while trying to hold a water bottle? See, my excuses are perfectly rational. . . All right, maybe they're not. Plus, I am even more of a nerd than previously believed, because I constantly make up my own writing prompts. The thing I like about writing prompts is that they're quick and inventive. Plus, they're usually inspiring. I find Figment's daily writing prompts to be helpful most days, and they have a weekly review, which is nice.
On another (completely unrelated) note, I have been looking through the agent website AgentQuery. Did you like my segue? Yep, it's pretty impressive. Of course, right looking at agents is completely useless, as I don't even have a partial novel, let alone a finished manuscript. However, it's interesting, and informational. As I plan to finish my novel in the next year, approximately, I will learn more about publishing and the different agents. I was surprised at how many were listed for my genre (Young Adult). Also, I’m going to start my novel sometime in the next few weeks, either that or do NaNoWriMo. I really want to do NaNoWriMo, and I think it would be more fun with a good idea, but I also really want to start writing my novel.  Only time will tell, I suppose. I’m off to read now; the books I’ve been reading have made me want to write a really good book, and are the highlight of my (slow-moving) days. Ah, c’est le vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.