Sunday, December 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo Journal: The End (also known as Week 5)


            My first draft is finished at last! I finished NaNoWriMo at 10:00 on Friday after typing the remaining 2,000 words to reach my goal.

            Here are more stats about the novel:

·         3: characters change names   

·         1: completed first draft                                           
The NaNo winner's badge for this year
·         100 (or more): typos that I need to fix     

·         2,013: my daily average 

·         1: average amount of hours I wrote per day 

·         0: all-nighters (I’m not that crazy . . . yet!) 

·         3: critique partners

·         346: average words above the minimum per day

·         22: pages where I’ve corrected spelling errors

·         118: pages total, without chapter breaks

·         20: chapters I hope to have

·         60, 500: words I have right now, before editing it

My plan for editing and revising my novel is to correct all of my spelling errors, send it to my critique partners, and edit it myself over Christmas break, and continue to edit at their suggestions. After that, I may let my eager family members read it. We’ll see how it goes. I think it has a good concept; it just needs a lot of work. That should be fun, I’m sure.

For other, non-novel-related news: I’m currently working on several fiction pieces and some angst-filled poetry (which I do not write, generally), some of which I hope to submit for the Interlochen Fiction contest. I doubt I’ll make it, but I might as well try. I’m also editing my first 500 words for this contest for NaNoWiMo winners, and I’ll submit that tomorrow, so that gives me something to mull over and revise for the next day or two. I also entered the latest Go Teen Writers contest, so I’ll get my results back for that tomorrow.

For me, NaNoWriMo was incredibly awesome and fun, and I’m looking forward to at least trying to make it a tradition. Plus, my family and friends supported me, which made it all better, and helped me write “the novel I want to read,” to take a page from their book. (Wait, that was a bad pun? I . . .  can’t hear you!!)

Have fun writing this week!

Katia,

The writer girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, A Writer Girl! Comments are totally appreciated, and if you have constructive criticism, I'll welcome that too. Thanks so much for your input.